Call for Artists - ARTViews Gallery
The Montefiore Art Program and Collection is seeking artwork for the ARTVIEWS GALLERY, a rotating exhibition space located at the Medical Center in the Bronx. The gallery exhibits original artwork and is open to all artists living and/or working in the Bronx. This rotating exhibition program seeks to enrich the lives of the patients, caregivers, associates, students, faculty and the community’s understanding of contemporary art in a medical center context.
ArtViews strives to support Montefiore’s mission to heal, to teach, to discover and to advance the health of the communities we serve. Exhibitions feature a wide range of artwork with diversity in theme, medium and execution that appeals to a wide audience while being respectful of cultural backgrounds and the Bronx community. Montefiore will sponsor six exhibitions yearly, with durations of between six to eight weeks.
Themes are open to interpretation and individual artists, groups and curators living and/or working in the Bronx are eligible to submit proposals. All works in two dimensions, three dimensions, installation and video will be considered.
If a proposal is accepted, the artist must:
- Prepare work for display. Artists working in 3D or time-based media must supply their own display or AV equipment unless other arrangements have been made in advance
- Provide artist's statement
- Transport or ship work to Montefiore at artist's own expense
- Be present for opening reception
- Artist's honorarium: $/exhibition (TBD)
ARTViews Gallery Responsibilities
- Install artwork
- Insure exhibited artworks against loss or damage for duration of loan period
- Design exhibition announcement and "e-vite"
- Print posters announcing exhibition and display them throughout the medical center
- Host an opening reception
- Facilitate communication between the artist and potential buyers
Artists must submit the information as identified below via email:
- A maximum of 10 works/artist
- Images must be JPEGs and text saved as Microsoft Word documents
- An annotated image list identifying
- Title of Artwork
- Date of work
- Brief description
- Artist's statement about work proposed for ARTViews Gallery
- Artist's resume, including full contact information
- Phone number
- Website address
- If a group exhibition, please designate a single contact person
Frame sizes used at all ARTViews Gallery locations:
The ARTViews Gallery at Moses
The Gallery is located on the 1st Floor of the Montefiore Medical Center Moses Campus. The space is accessible from the main hallway connecting to the East 210th Street lobby entrance. Please note that wall tiles are installed on the lower half of the walls, which limits the space for artwork. There is a maximum of five feet available for installation of artwork. Overall measurements for the gallery are indicated below.
Overall lighting for the space is ambient lighting. Please note the presence of a light fixture on the North Wall. The entrances to both the Departments of Diagnostic X-Ray and Radiation Oncology are located in this corridor. This a heavily trafficked corridor used by patients, staff and administration.