Call For Artists - Acquisitions
Montefiore is seeking to purchase original artwork for key public locations at multiple medical center locations. This call is open to all artists working and/or residing in the Bronx and the tri-state area (NY/NJ/CT).
As an academic medical center and University Hospital for Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore is nationally recognized for clinical excellence – breaking new ground in research, training the next generation of healthcare leaders, and delivering science – driven, patient-centered care.
Montefiore’s mission is to heal, to teach, to discover and to advance the health of the communities we serve. Consistent with this mission, the Montefiore Art Program and Collection is acquiring artwork of the highest quality that will be integrated into the daily life of the medical center, providing life-affirming, restorative and supportive environment for all.
The Art Acquisition program strives to:
- Collect original artwork of high quality in design and concept
- Showcase the wide range of excellent artwork created by Bronx artists with diversity in theme, medium, and execution
- Appeal to a wide audience: children to adults, who come from a wide range of socio-economic backgrounds
- Reflect and support the Medical Center's mission as a world-class patient centered integrated academic medical center
Criteria for Artwork:
- Seeking submissions from artists with a connection to the Bronx for a variety of artwork to be considered for future purchase or commission for Montefiore’s new Fine Art Program and Collection
- Seeking positive and contemporary artwork of all styles. Artwork for consideration includes sculpture, two-and three-dimensional artwork, oil, watercolor and acrylic paintings, photography, prints, mixed media, glass, mosaics, wall sculpture, fabric art including fiber/textile, new media, ceramics, recycled material, etc.
- Art will be placed in main lobbies, waiting rooms, corridors, consultation rooms, patient rooms and a variety of other public areas. Artwork must be suitable and have a broad appeal for long-term use in a healthcare environment
Artists must submit the information as identified below via email:
- A maximum of 10 works/artist, images must be saved as JPEGS
- Clearly identify the following:
- Title of artwork
- Date of artwork
- Media with dimensions
- Brief description of work as necessary
- Retail value of work
- Artist's statement and resume. Please include your full contact information: name, address, phone, email and website address
- All questions and submissions should be sent to Art@montefiore.org and please indicate "Montefiore Fine Art Program and Collection - Call to Artists/Bronx" in the subject line