Louis Comfort Tiffany’s
The Neustadt Collection
The Neustadt Collection of Tiffany Glass takes its treasures on the road, this time to help patients. The Neustadt has opened a three-month exhibition in the lobby of Montefiore’s Hutchinson Campus in the Bronx. Six lamps, made more than a century ago by the New York tastemaker Louis Comfort Tiffany, are on view for the thousands of patients, guests, and staff who pass through every day.
“The visual arts have a role to play in promoting recovery, and we are proud to share portions of our collection to support the healing process. This new exhibition, Louis Comfort Tiffany’s Shade Garden, featuring floral lampshades with brilliantly-colored blooms, marks the first time Tiffany lamps have been shown in a hospital setting. We hope these beautiful works bring tranquility to both patients and hospital staff,” explained Lindsy Parrott, executive director and curator of The Neustadt.
About The Neustadt
The Neustadt is a premier collection of Louis C. Tiffany’s celebrated lamps, windows, metalwork, and rare archival materials. It was incorporated in 1969 by Dr. Egon Neustadt, an early Tiffany collector. He began acquiring lamps in 1935 and eventually amassed a nearly encyclopedic collection. He also acquired an unparalleled Tiffany Glass Archive containing more than a quarter of a million examples of flat glass and glass jewels. Dedicated to preservation, scholarship, education, and connoisseurship, The Neustadt offers an in-depth look at the artistry of Tiffany Studios and its contribution to a uniquely American chapter in the history of stained glass.
See the press coverage of the exhibition here: